Monday, December 24, 2012

What does the color of your front door say about you?

The color of your front door can be a real attention-grabber... or not.
Sometimes an easy coat of fresh paint can make a difference in getting people through your front door when selling.
Front doors should be an accent color. In other words, they should be a strong, dramatic, bold shade.
Purple is a new color for me, but on this door, I think it works!  They say your front door color should not be repeated anywhere else on your house although I have seen some exceptions to that rule.

What do you think about red?  Red conveys passion, excitement, & energy!

I love this brownish-black door framed by the greenery.  Black projects power, strength, and authority.

Green projects health, tranquility,and harmony.

Blue conveys a place of refuge or retreat...

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite...maybe I'll paint my front door come spring!

2 comments:

  1. For me, the front door is the focal point of a house. It serves as an entry way inside of a house. A door must be sturdy to have better security, which goes with windows as well. Honestly, the color of a door for me is of less importance. If I'm about to pick, then I would choose a color that would blend with my roof and walls.
    Georgine Stern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog post, what’s most interesting is the door color stands alone and doesn’t have to match the transom windows, which are past of the canvas. We ended up going with Delft Blue.

    ReplyDelete