Friday, March 25, 2011

Inspiration

I lost my friend and mentor in the real estate business last week, my step father, Chuck Boyer.  He taught me (almost) everything I know.  :)   I remember when I decided to get my license over 18 years ago;  he cautioned me about the ups and downs of being self employed.  He taught me to tell the truth, no matter what.  And to communicate with those you work with.  If you tell someone you're going to call them back, then do it.  Follow through.  His knowledge of the industry was unparalled; at one time, he was the education chair for the franchise he was licensed with (which was the top franchise in Texas at the time).  He taught me to never be satisfied with what you know.  Keep learning, and by teaching others, it helps you indirectly too.  He will be missed by many.  I have big shoes to fill.  One day at a time...

1 comment:

  1. Jane! I am so sorry to hear about Chuck! He was a sweet man. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete